• $1,000 reward in burglary: On Oct. 13 at about 5:30 p.m. three Hispanic men went to a home on Wedekind Road and asked the resident about purchasing a vehicle in his driveway. The vehicle was not for sale. They tried to convince the man to let them inside the residence but he refused to let them in. Two hours later, three Hispanic men approached an elderly couple in their home on Quail Street, and asked about purchasing a vehicle parked in the driveway. The vehicle was not for sale. The group then asked to couple to make change. Once the men learned where the couple kept their money, two members of the group distracted the couple while the third man stole their money and other valuables. (Sparks Police Department Case No. 10-10435)
• $1,500 reward in armed bank robbery: On Oct. 15 at 4:35 p.m., a white male entered the Nevada State Bank at 500 E. Prater Way. He approached the teller and demanded cash. The teller complied and the suspect fled the bank with an undisclosed amount of currency. (Sparks Police Department Case No. 10-10504)
• $1,000 reward in shots fired into a residence: On Oct. 15 at 4:35 p.m., numerous shots were fired in the area of Locust and Vassar streets. A nearby residence was struck by the stray gunfire. (Reno Police Department Case No. 10-26507)
Secret Witness provides the public with a means to anonymously provide crime tips to law enforcement officials. People who report tips that lead to the arrest and prosecution of suspects are eligible to collect cash rewards.
To provide tips to Secret Witness:
• Call 322-4900
• Text message to 847-411 (TIP-411) put “SW” in the subject line or at the beginning of the message.
• Go online to www.secretwitness.com.