“Our skilled pilots, generous sponsors and dedicated volunteers all contributed to a weekend that was nothing short of spectacular,” said Pilar Aldecoaotalora, Balloon Race board president. “We are thankful for another safe year of flight and free family fun and can’t wait to see everyone out for our 30th anniversary next year.”
The top 10 winners of this year’s on- and off-field competitions are:
• First place: Allen Anderson, of Minden, flying for the Kersey Family.
• Second place: Justin Kinsinger, of San Francisco, flying for Mesh Creative.
• Third place: Patrick Nilz, of Tuscon, Ariz., flying for the Balloon Race.
• Fourth place: Don Boyer, of Belen, New Mexico, flying for Wells Fargo, the event’s title sponsor.
• Fifth place: Michael Glen, the “Rolling Pilot,” of Maricopa, Ariz., flying for the city of Reno Access Advisory Committee.
• Sixth place: Aaron Dieringer, of Reno, flying for RE/Max.
• Seventh place: Bill Glen, of Roswell, New Mexico, flying for University of Phoenix.
• Eighth place: Patrick Irwin, of Lovelock, Nev., flying for Barefoot Bubbly, the official champagne sponsor of The Great Reno Balloon Race.
• Ninth place: Robert Raper, of Miles City, Mont., flying for Great Basin Internet Services
• Tenth place: David Lynch, of Temecula, Calif., flying for the Balloon Race.
Next year’s Great Reno Balloon Race is set for Sept. 9, 10 and 11. For event or sponsorship information, visit www.renoballoon.com.