- Mason Meyer, 5, paints an Easter Egg at the Alf Sorensen Community Center in Sparks on Saturday. He was there with a half dozen other local children doing Easter crafts with Sparks Parks & Recreation staff.
- Hunter Potter, 4, gets a high-five from the Easter bunny at the Sparks Parks & Recreation Easter carnival on Saturday, at the community center on Richards Way.
- Three-year-old Chloe Batter gets some help from Sparks Parks & Recreation staff member Whitney Grimes putting feathers on her Easter egg chick at the Alf Sorensen Community Center in Sparks on Saturday.
- Peyton Hare, the 1-year-old son of Spanish Springs varsity football coach Scott Hare, squeals with excitement after claiming a prize from the fish pond game at the Sparks Parks & Recreation Easter carnival on Saturday.
- Bunny ears were the headgear of choice for many kids at the Easter Carnival.
- Giant Easter bunnies were everywhere at the Easter Carnival at Recreation Park on Saturday. This surprised youngster just finished throwing bean bags through the bunny’s mouth.
Kids from around Sparks got a head start on the Easter spirit on Saturday with some help from Sparks Parks & Recreation.
At the Alf Sorensen Community Center, a half dozen kids decorated eggs as chicks and bunnies and made paintings by lathering their hands in paint and using the impressions to draw animals.
Across town at the Recreation Park building on Richards Way, nearly 100 kids and their parents came to the annual Easter carnival to play games and win prizes and generally run amok.
Here are some photos to tell the story.