Check Out Our Sports Photo Galleries Contact Us
Fire crews handle attic fire in Sparks
by Tribune Staff
Jul 22, 2013 | 1003 views | 0 0 comments | 12 12 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Sparks Fire Department fire crews extinguished a fully engulfed attic fire on a single-story house Monday afternoon in Sparks.

Sparks firefighters arrived at 3898 Whispering Wind Drive and began taking down the kitchen ceiling after finding no one inside the residence. The attic fire did not have a chance to run through the entire attic, according to Fire Marshal Bob King. The origin of the fire has been determined to be in the attic, but the site is still under investigation as to how the fire started.

The call was dispatched to SFD by a neighbor, who later reported that the residents of the home were on vacation. Eighteen personnel responded to the scene and a fire truck extended its ladder above the house in preparation for roof ventilation, but it was not needed as crews were able to extinguish the fire inside the house.
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Featured Businesses