Other changes that took effect Sunday include:
• Route 28 will be discontinued and replaced by the new Route 18X express.
• Route 18X express (new service) will operate from RTC Fourth Street Station in Reno to the Sparks industrial area along Glendale and Greg streets. This service will only serve a small number of bus stops).
• Route 3CL will be interlined with the new 18X during peak hours providing a single-seat ride (passengers will not need to transfer).
• Route 14 will run every 30 minutes in the morning peak. The afternoon 15-minute frequency starts and ends earlier.
• Route 18 will operate every 30 minutes throughout the day.
• Route 21 will operate in both directions through the Outlets at Legends, reducing the size of the loop in east Sparks.
• Route 26 will have one additional morning trip departing Northern Nevada Medical Center
at 4:47 a.m.
RTC RIDE route and schedule information is available online at www.rtcwashoe.com or call RTC Passenger Services at 348-RIDE. The RTC Bus Book effective June 24 is now available at RTC transit centers and pass retailers at a suggested retail price of 50 cents.