Check Out Our Sports Photo Galleries Contact Us
Sparks house fire deemed accidental
by Tribune Staff
Jun 01, 2012 | 756 views | 0 0 comments | 4 4 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Tribune/Garrett Valenzuela
Tribune/Garrett Valenzuela

SPARKS — Sparks fire crews quickly snuffed out a fire at the 2000 block of La Hacienda Drive at about 1 p.m. Wednesday after residents told them that soldering work being done in the garage started the flames.

The first arriving firefighters found smoke pouring out of the eaves of the two-story house. The crews found a hole in the garage sheetrock with exposed plumbing. Sparks Fire Department reported the soldering ignited the insulation and paper on fire from inside the garage and had crews had to cut the siding on the outside of the house to extinguish the fire that was extending up the plumbing chase. 

In all, 19 fire personnel responded, including a battalion chief, three structure engines, two truck companies, one safety officer, a public information officer and a fire investigator. 

The fire caused no injuries to the house occupants or to fire personnel and was found to be accidental. Power and water was tried off to the home. Residents all not be able to return to the house until it is inspected by the City of Sparks Building Department, according to Sparks Fire Department.
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Featured Businesses