RENO — Wildflower’s Artists at the Village present Open Studios Art at the Chapel Gallery, Open Door Gallery and Art House at the new pub from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (music might go later) on Saturday.
Visit these local artists in their open studios:
• Shari Havelka – encaustic art (ask about her classes) at Chapel Gallery
• Doug Ramseth – photography at the night office
• Mike Bond – acrylic paintings in #D2
• Sonnie Imes – paintings and giclées in #D8
• Jacqui Isensee – Impressionist paintings (with a fun ink/string art project for children) in #D4 and D5
• Laura Butler – jewelry in #D5
• Helena Shields – photography in #D3
• Russ Lambert – wood-turned pens (watch him on his lathe) in #Aa
• Doug Dulac – wood block prints and oil paintings in #Ab
• Marguerite Crokus – jewelry in the night office
• Reno Renaissance Project RRP (speak with Lawrence and Lupe about joining them) in the Art House
• Greg Carlson — painting in the Open Door Gallery
• Pam Sutton – torch-work, fused and slumped glass in #D15
• John Rosa – stone carving demonstration in #T3
• Greg Jaclyn Prescott – photography in the Open Door Gallery.
Support your local artists, meet them, encourage them, watch them work and shop locally. Tasty foods, wine and cider will be served in the Open Door Gallery; full bar, yummies and live music in the pub next to the Chapel Gallery. The pub also features rock ‘n’ roll poster art from the collection of Marshall Stevenson.
Wildflower Village, located at 4275-4395 W. Fourth St. in Reno, was converted by Pat Campbell-Cozzi from a 1940s motel to an art-smart village on six-plus acres. The village features galleries, artist studios, coffee shop, bike rentals, pub, wedding chapel gallery, quaint bed & breakfast rooms (with a champagne breakfast), hostel rooms and motel rooms for an overnight or extended stay.
For more information, or if you have an idea for an event, call Pat Campbell-Cozzi at 827-5250 or visit www.wildflowervillage.com. The Open Door Gallery is open daily from noon to 5 p.m.