RENO — Eleven nurses from a wide range of disciplines at Renown Health were honored Friday as 2012 Nurses of Achievement. The awards, given to nurses in northern Nevada, took place at the end of Nurses Week. Nine of the Renown Health winners took home honors from 13 award categories, while facility winners were named from Renown Regional Medical Center and Renown South Meadows Medical Center/Post Acute Services.
These Renown Health nurses were awarded in the following categories:
• Kristen Cleveland-Ceballos, RN, Critical Care
• Barbara Coruna, RN, Long Term/Rehabilitation
• Elizabeth Krayk, RN, Medical-Surgical
• Emily McClure, MSN, RN, Nursing Education
• Becky Haase, MSN, RN, Nursing Innovation
• Rosa Cortez, RN, Office/Outpatient
• Ronnie Varney, RN, Patient Advocacy (tie)
• Shannon White, RN, Patient Advocacy (tie)
• Bethany Wilson, RN, Rookie of the Year
• Stephanie Shuman, RN, Facility Winner, Renown Regional Medical Center
• Ashley McCoy, RN, Facility Winner, Renown South Meadows Medical Center
Recognizing the need to shine a spotlight on a profession founded more than 150 years ago by nurse Florence Nightingale, the Northern Nevada Nurses of Achievement Committee was formed in 1999. The goal of this committee of dedicated nurses was to honor colleagues, increase awareness of nursing as a profession and to promote the advancement of nursing education through scholarships.