CARSON CITY — The Nevada Commission on Tourism (NCOT) as announced the winners of the “Nevada Treasures” competition, part of the Discover Your Nevada campaign, a three-month endeavor to encourage in-state travel and to educate Nevadans about some lesser-known corners of their state.
The final round of voting closed at 5 p.m. Friday and the winning treasures are:
• Cowboy Country: The Star Hotel in Elko
• Indian Territory: Pyramid Lake in northern Nevada
• Las Vegas Territory: Valley of Fire State Park in Overton
• Nevada Silver Trails Territory: Goldwell Open Air Museum
• Pony Express Territory: Nevada Northern Railway in Ely
• Reno-Tahoe Territory: Dangberg Home Ranch Historic Park in Minden
The nomination period kicked off on March 1, and NCOT received 587 nominations in the state’s six tourism territories: Reno-Tahoe, Cowboy Country, Pony Express, Nevada Silver Trails, Las Vegas and Indian Territory. Several rounds of voting narrowed the competition until the final two in each category were announced April 30.
For more information, visit DiscoverYourNevada.com or TravelNevada.com.