Each Job Corps center is rated on statistical measures such as GED/high school diploma attainment, literacy and numeracy, training completion and placement. SNJCC, located in Stead, has a history of being a high-performing center. Sophisticated programs collect data from each center, providing an accurate picture of students’ success. This data also helps staff ensure they are providing for individual student needs.
The importance of rankings to a Job Corps center is for reputation only and based on friendly competition.
“Our students and staff work extremely hard,” said SNJCC Center Director Ken Dugan.
Other rankings out of 125 include:
• Credential attainment – 8
• GED/high school diploma attainment – 12
• Combination of GED/high school diploma and career technical training completion – 12
• Career technical training completion – 19
• Graduate average wage – 24
• Six-month employment follow-up – 21