RENO — The Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada (PLAN), a statewide organization with more than 30 member groups, will host a mining accountability forum today with a panel of distinguished Nevadans and mining experts.
This forum is free and open to the public. People are encouraged to come to hear different perspectives on the industry, such as mining’s history, effects of the industry on water and on the sovereignty of indigenous people and tax-related issues.
Confirmed panelists include:
• Michon Eben – cultural resource manager and tribal historic preservation officer for the Reno-Sparks Indian Colony,
• Glenn Miller – mining expert and professor and director of the graduate program in environmental sciences and health at the University of Nevada, Reno
• Guy Rocha – former Nevada state archivist
• Richard Bedell – president and CEO of Renaissance Gold
• Jan Gilbert – PLAN co-founder and retired chief lobbyist
The forum will take place from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport, 1790 E. Plumb Lane in Reno.