Check Out Our Sports Photo Galleries Contact Us
County seeks residents for planning commission
by Tribune Staff
Apr 19, 2012 | 638 views | 0 0 comments | 4 4 recommendations | email to a friend | print
RENO — Washoe County is seeking applications from registered voters living in any part of the unincorporated county to serve on its planning commission. Registered voters living within the unincorporated areas of District 3 will be given first consideration.

Those unincorporated areas include portions of Panther Valley south of Newport Lane, Raleigh Heights west of the terminus of Hoge Road and Sun Valley generally north of Dandini Boulevard south of Seventh Avenue and west of Klondike Drive. If no qualified applicant is chosen from District 3, applications from all districts will be considered for an at-large position.

The planning commission meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the Washoe County commission chambers. At times, special meetings of the commission may be called by the chair. The commission hears and decides on, or recommends to the Board of County Commissioners, land use issues (e.g., development code amendments, master plan amendments, tentative subdivision maps, abandonments and special-use permits). Meetings average three to four hours in duration. The appointment is for a four-year term.

For information and an application, contact the Washoe County Department of Community Development at 328-3600. Applications are on the county’s website at Click on “For Citizens,” “Volunteer Opportunities,” “Boards and Commission Vacancies,” “Planning Commission” then select “Apply Online.” Mail your applications directly to: Community Development, Attn: Dawn Spinola, P.O. Box 11130, 1001 E. Ninth St., Reno, NV 89520-0027; fax the application to 328-6133, attn: Dawn Spinola; or email the application to

For more information, visit

Applications are due May 4.
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Featured Businesses