The proposed geothermal exploration project consists of 610 acres of public lands within the lease area. The primary objective of the project is to further evaluate the characteristics of the geothermal resources in the Tungsten Mountain Project Area.
The proposed activities include:
• Constructing 27 exploration well drill pads
• Construct and maintain a 5-acre mineral material pit
• Constructing, improving or maintaining access roads
• Drilling and completing an exploration well to a depth of about 7,000 feet from each of the constructed drill pads
• Flow testing exploration wells to obtain samples of geothermal fluids and to collect aquifer information from the geothermal reservoir
• Drilling temporary water wells at one or more proposed drill
The documents associated with this project can be reviewed online at www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/carson_city_field/blm_information/nepa.html. A copy of the environmental assessment will be provided upon request, or is available for review at the Carson City District Office at 5665 Morgan Mill Road, during regular business hours 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except federal holidays.
For more information, call Steve Kramer at 885-6005.