LAS VEGAS — Communities In Schools of Nevada (CISN) announces its board of directors chosen to advise the education non-profit throughout the 2012 year. The organization has compiled a group of diverse individuals from all sectors of Nevada with a strong community presence and demonstrated dedication to the welfare of children in Nevada.
The CISN board of directors includes:
• Elizabeth Blau: founder and CEO of Blau & Associates, a strategic restaurant planning and development company.
• Roger Bulloch , CEO of Sher Capital and co-founder and managing principal of SPB Partners, a business consulting firm.
• Brad Burns, an honorary CISN board member and president of D.R. Horton, America’s largest new home builder.
• Michele Fong, a certified Realtor and lecturer.
• Robert Glaser, treasurer of CISN’s board. Glaser is also the president and senior director of BNY Mellon Wealth Management, working with individuals and families, family offices, charitable gift programs, endowments and foundations.
• Joyce Haldeman, the associate superintendent of community and government relations for the Clark County School District where she supervises the School-Community Partnership Program, Department of Public Affairs, Communications Office and the Office of Parent Services.
• LeeAnn Inadomi, who has more than 20 years of experience providing key insight and guidance to major officials serving in the White House, Congress, and at state and local levels around the country including spending extensive time in the office of Sen. Joe Biden and with the Clinton administration.
• Marsha Irvin, the secretary of CISN’s board. In her professional career she holds the position of senior vice president of Educational Services Las Vegas-West Operations for EdisonLearning-West Operations.
• Dwight Jones, superintendent of Clark County School District.
• Tami Kiehn, an administrator of The Elko Clinic.
• Dana Su Lee, who started her career in Manhattan in the fields of advertising, fashion public relations and museum development prior to moving to Las Vegas to work for Mirage Resorts, overseeing the branding and identity program for Bellagio Resort & Casino. She is an active member of the community and a founding member of Nevada Women’s philanthropy.
• Susie Lee, board president of CISN with an extensive background of founding and supporting many nonprofits in Las Vegas as well as working on two gubernatorial campaigns where she drafted several proposals that are now state policy.
• Todd Lenahan, the principal of TAL Studios, which provides business and artistry of hospitality design to Las Vegas and around the globe.
• Andrew C. Levy is president of Allegiant Travel Company, where he previously fulfilled multiple executive positions, including president and CFO.
• Erin Marlon previously served as chief of staff for Assembly Member Barbara Buckley and is an active member of many boards throughout Las Vegas including CARE Coalition.
• Kevin Melcher is a member of the Board of Regents for the Nevada System of Higher Education for District 8 following a 22-year career in teaching and education administration.
• Cynthia Mun has two decades of experience in strategic and product marketing, most recently being vice president of marketing for Tropicana Las Vegas. She previously held executive positions with MGM Resorts International and D&B as well as launching Pandora as its senior vice president of marketing.
• Larry Plotkin owned and operated a chain of home improvement centers in southern Texas. He also brings a wealth of CIS experience to Nevada’s board, previously serving as the executive director of Communities in Schools in Laredo, Texas.
• Amy Rossetti is the director of public relations for The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas where she oversees the public relations strategy for the city’s newest luxury resort. With 15 years of experience, she previously opened luxury resorts such as Bellagio, Encore and Wynn Las Vegas.
• D. Taylor is the secretary and treasurer of the Culinary Workers Union, Local 226 as well as the general vice president and gaming division director of UNITE HERE.
• Bob Understein is the national business development manager at McGladrey with more than 45 years of experience in venture capital, business syndication and acquisitions, equity placements, commercial real estate financing, business development, financial and tax advisory, and CFO services.
• Garth Winckler is the vice president of CISN’s board. He also serves as president and CEO of the WorldDoc Foundation, an organization that provides WorldDoc Inc.’s products and services to uninsured and at-risk populations.
• Elaine Wynn is the director of Wynn Las Vegas and an influential philanthropist on local and national levels. Wynn also serves a chairman of the national board of Communities in Schools.
For more information, visit www.cisnevada.org.