Check Out Our Sports Photo Galleries Contact Us
Vegas cocaine swallowing death ruled an accident
by Tribune Staff
Feb 11, 2012 | 652 views | 0 0 comments | 2 2 recommendations | email to a friend | print


LAS VEGAS (AP) — The death of a 43-year-old Las Vegas man has been ruled accidental after the Clark County coroner determined he died in January from swallowing a bag of cocaine.

The coroner’s office said Friday that blood test results showed Anthony Barrett died Jan. 18 of acute cocaine intoxication after a “bindle” of drugs burst in his stomach. An autopsy also found severe heart disease.

Las Vegas police say Barrett was stopped in a vehicle, and swallowed the cocaine as police approached during a drug sale investigation several blocks east the Las Vegas Strip.

Paramedics were called, and Barrett was taken to Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center, where he later died.
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Featured Businesses