As a result, WM has developed a toll-free inclement weather hotline for customers in the Truckee Meadows area to call and check on the status of their waste collection. Customers can call 855-800-0176 at any time to find out if their service will be affected, and if so, what options are available to them.
Inclement weather delays can be caused by:
• Drivers needing to chain up, and chain down.
• The weight of the garbage is heavier due to moisture and rain.
• Nevada Department of Transportation regulations require WM drivers to make more trips than normal to the transfer station to dispose of the garbage.
• Snow plows bury the containers, and make it difficult for WM drivers to do their jobs.
• Winter days are shorter, and drivers are working in the dark longer.
• Commercial drivers are only allowed on the road for 12 hours at a time and with the delays from the weather garbage service can be delayed.
In addition to the inclement weather hotline, Waste Management often calls customers to inform them that their regularly scheduled waste collection will be delayed due to weather or hours of service constraints.
For more information, visit www.wm.com.