Renown Medical Group in South Meadows and Renown Medical Group on Ryland Avenue have earned Level III Recognitions, the highest level that can be attained, from the Patient-Centered Medical Home 2011 (PCMH 2011) program for using evidence-based, patient-centered processes that focus on highly coordinated care and long-term participative relationships.
The PCMH 2011 program is a model emphasizing care coordination and communication that promotes partnerships between patients and their personal clinicians. Research shows that medical groups recognized with PCMH 2011 can lead to higher quality, lower costs and improved patients’ and providers’ reported experiences of care.
The recognition is valid for three years. The standards aligned with the joint principles of the PCMH 2011 were established with the American College of Physicians, the American Academy of Family Physicians, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Osteopathic Association. Key program components include:
• Written standards for patient access and continuity of care.
• Use of patient feedback materials.
• Appropriate use of charting tools to track patients and organize clinical information.
• Responsive care management techniques with an emphasis on preventive care for individual patients and for the entire patient population.
• Adaptation to patient’s cultural and linguistic needs.
• Use of information technology for prescriptions, test and referral tracking and coordination with other health care providers.
• Use of evidence-based guidelines to treat chronic conditions.
• Measurement and reporting of clinical and service performance.
To find clinicians and their practices that have been recognized by the PCMH 2011 program, visit http://recognition.ncqu.org. For more information, contact NCQA Customer Support at 888-275-7585.