Check Out Our Sports Photo Galleries Contact Us
Two fires burn near Reno, no structures threatened
by Associated Press
Nov 25, 2011 | 825 views | 0 0 comments | 7 7 recommendations | email to a friend | print
RENO — Firefighters in the Reno area were fighting two blazes, but no structures were threatened.

KOLO-TV reports that a fire east of Sparks reported Wednesday afternoon had burned about 2,400 acres.

Fire officials told the Reno Gazette-Journal that no structures were threatened, and no evacuations had been ordered. The blaze was west of Lockwood and near Interstate 80.

The Sparks dispatch office said early Wednesday that the city had withdrawn its crews, but believed other agencies were still fighting the blaze.

Also, crews responded to a report of a rekindling of the Caughlin Fire. That blaze erupted last Friday morning and forced thousands of evacuations and destroyed 30 homes before it was contained.

The Gazette-Journal reports that smoke or flames from the Coughlin Fire had been spotted in a half-acre area that may have already burned.

Reno police said early Thursday that they had no reports that the blaze threatened any structures.
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Featured Businesses