Check Out Our Sports Photo Galleries Contact Us
Smoking materials blamed for fire on Stone Corral
by Tribune Staff
Jul 24, 2011 | 434 views | 0 0 comments | 2 2 recommendations | email to a friend | print
SUN VALLEY — Fire Department investigators say Friday’s fire at 320 Stone Corral Court in Sun Valley was caused by improperly discarded smoking materials that ignited papers and other nearby materials.

Reno firefighters responded to the structure fire at the double-wide mobile home at 1:13 p.m. No one was home at the time of the fire. A neighbor called 911 to report seeing smoke coming from the home. The fire started on the exterior of the structure, burned up the wall of the home and spread to the attic space through the eaves. Crews pulled the ceilings to access remaining smoldering fire in the attic.

The American Red Cross is assisting three adults and three children with alternative living arrangements.

The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office and REMSA responded to the incident to provide support services. NV Energy was also on scene helping fire crews by shutting off gas and electric services.
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Featured Businesses