Check Out Our Sports Photo Galleries Contact Us
Party for Race for the Cure team captains
by Tribune Staff
Jul 06, 2011 | 574 views | 0 0 comments | 2 2 recommendations | email to a friend | print
RENO — The Susan G. Komen Northern Nevada Race for the Cure committee invites all team captains — and anyone who would like to start a team — to the team captain party at 5:30 p.m. on July 21 at Boomtown Reno Casino & Hotel. Anyone who has registered a team or would like learn more about starting one for the 13th annual Komen Northern Nevada Race for the Cure is welcome to this celebration of the effort to help raise funds for local breast cancer education, screening and treatment and to assist in achieving a world without breast cancer. To attend, call 355-7311 or email komenteams@yahoo.com by Friday.

The party will feature delectable desserts, wine, silent auction and more. The event is free and is sponsored by Boomtown, presenting sponsor of all Race 2011 events, and Southern Wine and Spirits. Boomtown is the site for this year’s Race for the Cure, set for Oct. 2.

Komen Northern Nevada board president Lucy McGuire will present the New Balance Award, a recognition that goes annually to a breast cancer survivor who has served as an example in outreach and awareness.

The Race for the Cure funds local breast cancer education, screening and treatment, with 75 percent of net funds raised staying local, as well as research for the cures, with the remaining 25 percent of funds going toward Komen’s groundbreaking research awards programs. For more information or to join the 2011 Race, visit www.komennorthnv.org or call 355-7311.
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Featured Businesses