The workshop begins at 10 a.m. and ends at 3 p.m. Struggling homeowners in Nevada who attend the workshop will have the opportunity to sit down with a HUD-approved housing counselor and their lender to discuss the options that may be available to help avoid foreclosure.
Those interested in attending the workshop should bring the following financial documents if requesting workout assistance from their lender:
• Copies of pay stubs for the immediate past two months
• Copies of bank statements for the immediate past two months
• If self-employed, the most recent profit and loss statement and a copy of the last full tax return with all schedules
• Letter of explanation of the hardship they are currently experiencing.
• Signed copies of 2009 and 2010 tax returns
HUD-approved counselors and representatives from several lending institutions will be at the prevention workshop at the Washoe County Senior Services office at 1155 E. Ninth St. in Reno. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 686-5750.