Most of the businesses visited had previously sold alcohol to police minor volunteers, including the two that sold to them during this operation.
Businesses not in compliance were:
• Wingstop, 2868 Vista Blvd.
• Coconut Bowl, 1855 E. Lincoln Way.
Businesses in compliance were:
• Fudruckers, 1565 E. Lincoln Way
• Fuji Japanese Buffet, 5015 Pyramid Way
• CJ Palace, 129 Los Altos Pkwy.
• King Tobacco and Liquor, 5562 E. Prater Way
• Pizza Hut, 632 E. Prater Way
• Kwik Stop, 2191 Pyramid Way
• Yellow Submarine, 920 Holman Way
• Dollar Plus Mini Mart, 660 Greenbrae Drive
• Pyramid Discount Liquor, 300 Pyramid Way
• Sam’s Discount Liquor, 676 S. Rock Blvd.
• Uncle Vinny’s Pizza, 1560 S. Stanford Way
• Woody’s, 960 S. McCarran Blvd.
• Quick Stop, 125 Solomon Cr.
• Pizza Plus, 5225 Vista Blvd.
• Alamo Truck Stop, 1950 E. Greg St.
• Safeway Mini Mart and Gas, 2808 Vista Blvd.
A citation was issued to the employees for selling an alcoholic beverage to a minor. The fine for this offense is a minimum of $632. Such an offense can also jeopardize the establishment’s license to sell alcohol. One business was issued a civil infraction on behalf of the State Taxation Department for having an employee serving alcohol who did not have proof of attending a state-certified alcohol awareness program.