Sparks police officers, with the assistance of a volunteer who was younger than 21 years old, attempted to purchase alcoholic beverages from those 11 establishments. Six of the businesses sold alcohol to the minor.
Businesses not in compliance include:
• Rack-n-Pins located at 1330 Scheels Drive
• Grimaldi’s Pizza located at 1180 Scheels Drive
• Pyramid Discount Liquor located at 300 Pyramid Way
• McHenry’s Pub located at 137 Los Altos Pkwy.
• Aspen Glen Bar located at 5215 Vista Blvd.
• Sneakers Bar and Grill located at 1368 Disc Drive
Businesses in compliance include:
• Olive Garden Restaurant located at 1481 E. Lincoln Way
• Jazz located at 1181 Scheels Drive
• C Mart located at 829 C St.
• David’s Grill located at 2100 Wingfield Pkwy.
• Woody’s Grill located at 960 S. McCarran Blvd.
A citation was issued to the employees for selling alcoholic to a minor. The fine for this offense is a minimum of $632. Such an offense also can jeopardize the establishments’ license to sell alcohol.
Citizens are asked to report the sales of alcohol to minors, possession of alcohol by minors or other violations of the laws regarding the use of alcohol by minors to their local police agency.