Check Out Our Sports Photo Galleries Contact Us
Stacked up debris causes fire on Southworth Drive
by Tribune Staff
Jan 30, 2011 | 1059 views | 0 0 comments | 2 2 recommendations | email to a friend | print
RENO — Fire Department investigators say Sunday morning’s fire on Southworth Drive was a result of debris stacked up against the chimney.

The fire was reported at 7:23 a.m. at a single-family residence located at 670 Southworth Drive. A passing citizen knocked on the door, waking up the occupants of the home and alerting them of the fire. The residents were able to safely evacuate prior to crews arriving on scene.

The house received extensive damage to the kitchen and garage along with heavy smoke damage throughout the rest of the home. Two adults, a 3-year-old child and a 7-year-old child were displaced as a result of the fire. The occupants told authorities they would not need assistance as they will be staying with friends.

The preliminary estimate for damages was set at about $30,000. No injuries were reported.
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Featured Businesses