Check Out Our Sports Photo Galleries Contact Us
Fire at Idlewild Apartments accidental
by Tribune Staff
Jan 09, 2011 | 718 views | 0 0 comments | 4 4 recommendations | email to a friend | print
RENO — Reno Fire Department investigators say a fire on Friday at 2080 Idlewild Drive, the Idlewild Apartments, started accidentally when materials that were placed on top of a bedroom heater ignited.

The residence was unoccupied at the time of the fire. All occupants of the apartment complex were evacuated and no injuries were reported.

“Firefighters did a tremendous job of aggressively attacking the fire and confining it to the one room,” Battalion Chief Todd Keckley said. “The fire could have easily spread to other units in the complex, causing more severe damage.”

The intense fire caused heat and smoke damage to the bedroom along with smoke damage to the rest of the apartment unit. Provisions to the single family residence have been made so the occupants are able to stay in their home.

The fire was reported at 2:05 p.m. Friday. The Reno Fire Department responded to the fire with four structure engines, one ladder truck, one safety officer, an air support unit, one battalion chief and one fire investigator. The Reno Police Department assisted with traffic control. NV Energy was also on scene helping fire crews by shutting off gas and electric services.
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Featured Businesses