RENO — Nevada Legal Services is holding a series of free workshops next week for Pro Bono Week. Events include:
• Champions of Justice Luncheon: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday in the Tuscany Ballroom at the Peppermill Resort Casino.
• Legal Education Fair: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesday at Meadowood Mall.
• Legal Workshops: Wednesday at Nevada Legal Services office located at 650 Tahoe St. in Reno. Advanced directive preparation from 10 a.m. to noon; landlord and tenant assistance from noon to 2 p.m.; foreclosure mediation preparation from 2 to 4 p.m.
• Self-help clinic: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday at the Second Judicial Courthouse, room 116.
• Rural area legal education fairs will be held at the Carson City Nugget in Carson City today, at the Family Resource Center in Fallon on Wednesday and at the Winnemucca Inn & Casino in Winnemucca on Thursday.
These events are free and open to the public.