On Feb. 17, Officer Alaksa was responding to a call for service at 600 N. Wells Ave. where he found a mother performing first-aid on a 2-year-old child. Officer Alaksa learned that the child was choking on a small piece of candy that had become lodged in his throat leaving him unable to breath. When the mother was unable to dislodge the item from the child’s throat, Officer Alaksa took control of the child and performed first-aid measures to dislodge the obstruction and open the child’s airway. The child was transported to a local hospital where he was treated and released.
Wednesday’s meeting begins at noon at the Reno City Council Chambers, 1 E. First St.