The U.S. Centers for Disease Control, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians recommend the vaccine. Nevada added the vaccine as a requirement for school attendance in 2008.
The following health providers offer immunizations:
• Most physicians have vaccines available for their established clients.
• Health Access Washoe County (HAWC): 329-6300, 1055 S. Wells Ave, Reno. Call for an appointment; all immunizations for all ages available (call to see if Varicella is available).
• Orvis Nursing Center: 327-5000, 401 W. Second St., Suite 104, Reno. Immunizations by appointment only; all immunizations for all ages available.
• Saint Mary’s: On July 13 from 4 to 7 p.m., the Saint Mary’s Immunization Clinic, located at 1625 E. Prater Way, Suite 102 in Sparks. Free Tdap vaccinations.
• A free clinic will take place on July 20 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Saint Mary’s Galena location at 18653 Wedge Parkway in Reno. Walk-ins are welcome. All immunization for all ages available.
• Washoe County Health District: 1001 E. Ninth St., Building B, Reno. Call 328-2402 for an appointment. All immunizations for all ages available.