Of the 439 vehicles to stop at the checkpoint, 12 individuals went through secondary screening for driving under the influence and three people were arrested for DUI. Several others that were tested were below the legal limit.
A total of 38 citations were issued:
• 10 were for miscellaneous traffic violations.
• 15 were for not wearing a seat belt.
• Six were for no proof of insurance.
• Four were for driving with no license.
• Three were for child restraint violations.
• Numerous warnings were given for other minor violations.
There were two non-DUI-related arrests, including one for possession of narcotics and one warrant arrest.
Several agencies participated in the checkpoint including the Nevada Highway Patrol, the Reno Police Department, the Carson City Sheriff’s Office and the Lyon County Sheriff’s office. The checkpoint was funded by a grant from the Department of Public Safety, Office of Traffic Safety Joining Forces Program.