Check Out Our Sports Photo Galleries Contact Us
Explosive Benghazi hearings top the news
by Harry Spencer
May 13, 2013 | 1885 views | 0 0 comments | 5 5 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Last Wednesday was perhaps the biggest news day for the country in many years. First, there was the long-awaited Benghazi hearing. Secondly, there was the conviction in the Jodi Arias trial. Thirdly, there were the charges filed against Ariel Castro in Cleveland and lastly you had the anxiously awaited decision in the Gosnell case.

Riveting testimony was given at the Benghazi hearing by the second in command at the embassy in Tripoli. He gave an emotional blow-by-blow picture of the tragedy as it occurred. Probably the upshot of his testimony was that it was in direct contradiction to the fictional story put out by the members of the administration. Those members included the President himself, Secretary Clinton, Ambassador Rice, State Spokesman Nuland, Secretary of Defense Panetta, Intelligence Officer Clapper and Presidential Spokesman Jay Carney.

The second most relevant testimony was given by the gentleman in charge of the instant response team. From him, it was learned that two separate “stand down” orders were issued to the military. Furthermore, his department was never included in the State Department’s self examination that was ordered by Secretary Clinton called the Accountability Review Board. It is also extremely interesting to note that the Secretary herself was never called to appear and testify before that Board.

As usual, democrats on the committee attempted to show that the Republicans might have been responsible since they voted to trim the state department’s budget. This goes counter to the testimony given months ago by the State Department’s Ms.Lamb who unequivocally stated under oath that budget constraints had no effect on the situation in Benghazi.

The most important physical evidence that was shown during the hearing was two copies of the infamous talking points. One copy was very damning to the administration while the sanitized version eliminated all of the incriminating evidence the higher ups were well informed of after the terror attack. Evidence points to Nuland as the instigator of the cleansing of the first report.

A key question that still remains in the entire tragedy, who authored the fictional “anti-Muslim video?” Once it had been scripted, it is obvious that from the President on down everybody was consistent in spreading the disinformation until it was proven false.

One of the sidebars to this story is the way the family members of the slain victims at Benghazi have been stonewalled in their attempt to get specific information from Washington. The father of one of those killed, who happens to be a retired judge, said that his son was murdered in no uncertain terms. The mother of another of the victims has been given the run around on every inquiry that she has made to D.C.

Whatever comes out of the most recent hearing, it should generate the appointment of an aggressive select committee to delve in to the insidious and mysterious “video” part of the story.

Also intriguing is the fact that DNC Chairwomen Debbie Wasserman Schultz has said that republicans are politicizing the cover up, while in fact it was the democrats’ effort to politicize it by hoping to not let if reflect badly on Obama’s election campaign.

Remember nobody died at Watergate.



Harry Spencer is a long-time northern Nevada resident.
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Featured Businesses